Polished concrete floors have become increasingly popular in recent years, especially in commercial and industrial settings. Polished concrete is a type of concrete flooring that has been treated with a chemical densifier and then ground down with progressively finer grinding tools.
The result is a shiny, smooth surface that can be left as is or sealed for additional protection. Polished concrete floors in NZ are becoming increasingly popular in both commercial and residential settings due to their durability and low maintenance requirements.
The benefits of polished concrete floors
There are many benefits to having polished concrete floors. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that they are extremely durable and easy to maintain. Polished concrete floors are also very versatile and can be used in a variety of settings, from residential homes to commercial businesses. Another great benefit of polished concrete floors is that they can help to improve indoor air quality by trapping dust and allergens that would otherwise float around in the air.
How to care for polished concrete floors
If you have polished concrete floors, you know how beautiful they can be. But did you know that they require a little bit of special care to keep them looking their best? Here are a few tips on how to care for your polished concrete floors:
1. Dust mop or vacuum regularly. This will help to remove any dirt or debris that could potentially scratch the surface of the floor.
2. Use mats or rugs at entryways. This will help to trap dirt and moisture before it has a chance to get on your floor.
3. Use furniture pads under heavy furniture. This will prevent scratches and scuffs from moving furniture around.
4. Wipe up spills immediately. This will prevent stains from setting in and becoming difficult to remove.
5. Have your floors professionally cleaned and sealed every few years. This will help to protect the finish and keep your floors looking like new for years to come!