For a mother who wants to go to work soon after the birth of a child, child care is a major concern. Whoever will take care of the child will have to spend a lot of time with the child. Therefore, it is important to make a careful decision about which method of child care is to be preferred.
With the institutionalization of child care, a variety of options may be available to parents of a newborn. It will be important to look at each option carefully, weigh the pros and cons, and make a careful choice. If you want to get information leading Child Care Centre in Guildford find it on the internet.
1. In-Home Child Care – In this case, the babysitter, who can be a nanny or a governess, comes to the child's home to take care of the child.
- Child-rearing takes place at home
- The nanny has full attention to the baby
- The child will be exposed to fewer diseases
- Saves parents the hassle of having to carry the child back and forth to and from the child care center before and after work.
- This is an expensive option.
- The child may develop a deeper bond with the nanny than the mother.
2. Small home day-care – This involves finding a person who will keep the child at their home for the day with a small group of children, about two to three in number.
- The child gets a home-like environment.
- This is a much cheaper option than a full-time personal nanny for the baby.
- No backup plan in case the sitter falls ill.
3. Traditional Day Care Center – It is like a nursery where several children are taken care of at the same time.
- They are economical.
- No need to worry about the sitter getting sick.
- As the child gets older, the child becomes more adaptable.
- The child comes into contact with other children's germs
- The child cannot be given individual care – the child-to-sitter ratio should be checked before the child is admitted
Once the type of child care has been chosen to provide the child, another important decision that parents must make is to choose the child care arrangement. Before admitting the child, it should be checked whether the environment is clean, whether they have proper medical facilities, etc.